Friday, May 11, 2012

Hawthorne's 3rd Annual IPA Block Party






IPA Block Party??!  I get to sit outside and enjoy from a variety of 24 different IPA's on tap??  Yes, I love springtime in Philly!

I was getting over a cold so I didn't feel great, but there was NO way I planned to miss this event.  Joined by my family (wife, 2 year old son, Mom and Dad), this was the perfect way for me to spend a Saturday afternoon.  We luckily secured a table upon entry where we proceeded to enjoy our food and drinks.  At one end of the block was a live band that provided an upbeat soundtrack for me to inhale a grilled sausuage and pepper sandwich. 

There was a nice turnout when we arrived and it never got too overcrowded.  The longest I ever had to wait in line for a beer was less than a minute.  Since I wasn't feeling 100% and had to rest up for the Broad St. 10-mile run the following day, I took it easy and only sampled a few beers.

AleSmith IPA
Russian River Blind Pig IPA
Captain Lawrence Captain's Reserve Imperial IPA
Port Brewing Mongo IPA

I've had all of these brews before expect for the Captain Lawrence, which was my favorite of the day.  All of the beers were delicious and it was a truly special event to have this impressive selection of IPA's served fresh on tap. 

We all had at great time and I look forward to making this block party an annual event for the whole family to attend. 

http://hawthornecafe.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment