Sunday, April 22, 2012

Goose Island Christmas Ale


This beer seemed like a solid choice for a cold, rainy Sunday night.  Goose Island's Christmas Ale definitely wasn't as spicy as other Christmas ales I've had in the past. In fact, this really didn't seem like much of a traditional holiday ale at all.  That observation didn't keep me from enjoying it though.  The initial taste was subdued but after caramel, malt, cinnamon and some dark fruit, a lasting hop presence lingered from sip to sip.  This beer seemed less like a Christmas ale and more like some sort of special-release brown ale.  While I wouldn't go out of my way to buy more of this, I'll gladly finish off the 4-pack I purchased. Good, not great, but certainly served its purpose of being a satisfying beer to wrap up the weekend with.    

No comments:

Post a Comment