Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Uinta Hop Notch IPA


I just finished up food shopping and realized that we could use some more beer in the house.  I mean, what fridge is actually ever truly "full"?  There was a display set up advertising Hop Notch and it totally caught my eye.  Appealing label, cool graphic.  I really wasn't sure what to expect from this IPA and it totally blew me away!  After popping off the cap, the sweet smell of citrus hops, pineapple juice and honey instantly made me happy with this purchase.  The delicious scent translated extremely well to the flavor of my first sip. This beer tasted incredibly fresh and I wasn't surprised to see that it was bottled on 4/2/12...just over a week ago.  It's pretty amazing that we're able to get something that fresh all the way from Utah in just over a week after it's bottled.  Hop Notch is very drinkable (dangerously drinkable) for a 7.3% brew.  As with all IPA's, I'd suggest consuming it as fresh as possible because over time some of the bold qualities I admire in Hop Notch will fade and mellow out.  I loved this beer and strongly recommend picking up a 6-pack of this stuff SOON!  I plan to buy more...tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment