Monday, June 4, 2012

Funky Buddha at Monk's


This picture sums up the Funky Buddha event...crowded, hot, annoying and every other synonym of crowded, hot and annoying.  The "line" was coming out of the back room when we arrived and at no point did it even seem possible to get anywhere near the bar.  By "line" I mean, EVERY person spread across the room was trying to get served.  Oh well, Monk's is a small place and the demand for these beers is clearly very high.  Nobody's fault, just the way these things tend to go at times. 

While I didn't have my own full glass, GIANT thanks to Eric, Craig and the others from BA for sharing their beers with me.  In the end, I got to try the Key Lime Berliner Weisse, Passion Fruit Berliner Weisse, Peach Berliner Weisse and Nib Smuggler (chocolate porter). These beers were excellent, especially the Key Lime and Passion Fruit Berliners...the fruit flavors smelled and tasted so naturally fresh, tart and delicious.  While I wish the scene would've been more bearable, I'm just happy that I got to try this assortment of great brews from Funky Buddha!   

No comments:

Post a Comment